Thursday, August 30, 2012
Made it through the first full week and am almost finished with week two. It has been in general a good experience getting all of my students up and running on the web - class web sites are moving relatively well, course blog for IB is filling up with followers ready for posting and comments in another couple of weeks, All of the students have successfully got google drive and form submissions successfully in and we are rolling along. My juniors in IB should be the first bunch to get the flip cam running with presentations that start the end of this week. My only speed bumps have been in formatting and access between domains for me as a teacher. There is not smooth web work despite the idea of cloud computing eliminating that access. Things created and posted to web sites via lps.k12.co.us do not always play well with lpsk12.org. I am concerned that expediency of construction won out over efficiency of operation. Will keep working on my side and with students to make their cloud computing more fluid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Will-
ReplyDeleteI so agree with you on the frustration between working between the two Google domains. I find that I do most of my personal work within the k12.co.us domain but of course do all student templates and work within the .org domain.
We are having our 4th and 5th graders access our math videos (we are doing a flipped math classroom) through a Google site this year and then summarize what they learned using a flip cam and then reposting that to the site. I am interested to follow your blog to see how elementary school students use of flip cams/Google connects with high schoolers. Congrats on being done with week 2!
I haven't started having students read and respond on the blog yet, another week out on that. I do have a colleague - not in the inspired learning project who is having students create individual blogs for providing their course work through. Looks pretty interesting and we have regular tech conversations so that is helpful with that in building immediate feed back.
DeleteWill,
ReplyDeleteI hope that all is going well for you at LHS! How are you doing with the two domains? Have you been able to come up with a plan on how you use both without too much frustration? I am very interested in following your students blog and how you use the flip cam. Have you started recording and sharing yet?
The two domains is just a thing. not really a plan - just my continued use of multiple tabs and log-ins. The blog has not started yet for students participation that will be in another week or so. We have started using the flip cam, but nothing posted yet.
ReplyDeleteWill, we are blogging also and I would love some advice on how you are grading them on it.
ReplyDelete