Tuesday, June 19, 2012

So, the long pause between day two of the Inspired learning workshop and this the first day of TIE Colorado was not due to lack of inspiration but rather distraction with the other demands of life -- like selling one house, putting another on the market and purchasing a new home to move the clan into before the new school year starts.

My hope now is to have the next several days of focused attention to this current professional development work as I move further along the professional path.  I am getting ready to attend the opening key note here at TIE-CO and looking forward to the rest of the week here.   In current climate of public education, both locally and nationally, continued motivation can seem a Sisyphean task. But it is at events like this that the challenge does not seem so solitary and is a good reminder for why I am in this area of work.  More as the conference progresses...

2 comments:

  1. Will,
    I am so glad that you were able to attend the TIE conference. I am curious as to any takeaways you have from the conference.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, There are certainly a number of takekaways from TIE this year. I found the collection of links for content and classroom management exceptionally interesting. I am intrigued by the management programs and applications available through Edmodo, especially with the number of colleagues at LHS who are using that. My biggest concern is with integration. Trying to figure out the best way to link the variety of tech tools into the most user friendly and accessible array possible.

    ReplyDelete